- Sober Look makes a really important point about Greece here that I hadn't realized: although Greece's debt is really high and will be for a long time, that is really not their problem in the short to medium term as the agencies holding the debt have reduced the terms to the point that Greece's interest payments as a fraction of GDP are very modest and bearable.
- The bullish case on Tesla Motors.
- Where ARPA-E is spending our tax dollars on energy research.
- Homebuilders are starting to produce multigenerational housing.
- I've not always been a big fan of Dianne Feinstein but I like her amendment making it clear that the government may not detain citizens and permanent residents without charge or trial. Apparently the Obama administration would prefer to have police state powers, which is appalling.
- Solar panels being sold like Tupperware? Hey, whatever works. This was particularly amusing:
I’ve had at least 10 people say, ‘I have the biggest solar system in the community,’ ” he said. “They don’t say, ‘I have the lowest electric bill.That's human nature for you*, and we have to get it working for the climate, instead of against it.
*At least as expressed in civilizations.